MPG Mono Propylene Glycol (CAS Number: 57-55-6) Supplier in Europe
Physical Details and Properties
Mono Propylene Glycol (MPG) is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid. It has a chemical formula of C₃H₈O₂ and a molecular weight of 76.10 g/mol. MPG has a high boiling point of 188.2°C and is miscible with water, alcohol, and many organic solvents. Its versatile properties make it a valuable chemical in numerous industries.
At SoleChem Chemicals, we ensure a reliable supply of high-quality Mono Propylene Glycol. MPG is primarily produced through the hydrolysis of propylene oxide. This reaction yields MPG as the primary product, which undergoes purification processes to meet the stringent quality standards required by industries across Europe.
Due to its versatile properties, Industrial Applications Mono Propylene Glycol has extensive use in various European industries. Let’s explore some of its key applications:
- Pharmaceutical and Cosmetics Industry: MPG is widely used as a solvent, humectant, and preservative in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and personal care products. It helps enhance product stability and acts as a vehicle for active ingredients.
- Food and Beverage Industry: MPG is classified as a food additive commonly used as a humectant, solvent, and flavor carrier. It applies to food products such as baked goods, beverages, dairy products, and confectionery.
- Industrial Applications: MPG is an essential ingredient in manufacturing unsaturated polyester resins, which are used to produce fiberglass-reinforced plastics. It is also utilized as a heat transfer, antifreeze, and hydraulic fluid in various industrial processes.
When handling Mono Propylene Glycol, it is important to follow proper safety precautions:
- Handling and Storage: Store MPG in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated area, away from sources of ignition and incompatible substances. Use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles when handling the chemical.
- Health and Environmental Hazards: While MPG is generally considered safe when handled properly, prolonged exposure to high concentrations may cause skin and eye irritation. In case of contact, rinse affected areas with water and seek medical attention if necessary. Follow proper disposal methods by local regulations.
Choose SoleChem Chemicals as your trusted supplier of high-quality Mono Propylene Glycol in Europe. We provide a reliable and consistent supply to meet the diverse needs of industries. Contact us today for all your MPG supply requirements.