Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) – (CAS 9003-39-8) Supplier in the Europe
Overview of Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP)
Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP), also known as Povidone or by its various grades like PVP K15, PVP K17, PVP K25, PVP K30, and PVP K90, is a versatile polymer widely used in numerous industrial applications. As a leading PVP supplier in the EU, SoleChem Chemicals offers top-quality Polyvinylpyrrolidone tailored to meet diverse industrial needs.
Physical Properties and Characteristics
- Appearance: White to off-white powder or aqueous solution
- Solubility: Soluble in water and various organic solvents
- Molecular Formula: (C6H9NO)n
- Molecular Weight: Varies with the grade (K15, K17, K25, K30, K90)
- Stability: Stable under standard storage conditions
Polyvinylpyrrolidone is synthesized through the free radical polymerization of the monomer N-vinylpyrrolidone. The process is carefully controlled to produce different molecular weights, resulting in various grades like PVP K15, K17, K25, K30, and K90, each with its unique applications.
PVP finds its use in several sectors due to its excellent binding, film-forming, and stabilizing properties. Key applications include:
- Pharmaceuticals: As a binder in tablets, stabilization in solutions, and a dispersing agent
- Cosmetics: In hair styling products, shampoos, and conditioners for its film-forming abilities
- Adhesives: Enhancing bond strength and durability in industrial adhesives
- Textiles: As a stabilizer and binding agent in textile production
- Handling: Ensure proper ventilation and avoid inhaling dust
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry place away from incompatible substances
- Disposal: Dispose of in accordance with local and national regulations
Choose SoleChem Chemicals for Reliable Supply of PVP in the EU Our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction makes us your ideal partner for all your Polyvinylpyrrolidone needs. Contact us today to learn more about our PVP products, including PVP K15, K17, K25, K30, and K90.