Adipic Acid (CAS Number: 124-04-9) Supplier in Europe
Physical Details and Properties
Adipic acid is an organic compound with the chemical formula C₆H₁₀O₄ and a molecular weight of 146.14 g/mol. It appears as a white crystalline powder or flakes. Adipic acid is soluble in water and has a slightly acidic taste. It has a low vapor pressure and exhibits good thermal stability.
At SoleChem Chemicals, we ensure a reliable supply of high-quality adipic acid. It is primarily produced through the oxidation of cyclohexane or cyclohexene with nitric acid or oxygen. The reaction results in the formation of adipic acid, which can be further processed and purified.
Adipic acid finds diverse applications in various industries across Europe. Let’s explore some of its key uses:
- Nylon Production: Adipic acid is a major raw material in the production of nylon 6,6. It undergoes a condensation reaction with hexamethylenediamine to form a nylon polymer. Nylon 6,6 is used in various applications, including fibers, textiles, plastics, and engineering materials.
- Polymer Industry: Adipic acid is utilized as a monomer or building block in the synthesis of various polymers, including polyesters and polyurethanes. It imparts desirable properties such as flexibility, strength, and chemical resistance to these polymers.
- Food Industry: Adipic acid is used as a food additive and flavoring agent. It is commonly found in baked goods, beverages, and processed foods. Adipic acid provides a tart flavor and enhances the taste of certain food products.
- Automotive Industry: Adipic acid is employed in the production of automotive parts and components, such as automotive coatings, adhesives, and sealants. It contributes to the durability, chemical resistance, and performance of these materials.
When handling adipic acid, it is important to follow proper safety precautions:
- Handling and Storage: Store adipic acid in a cool, dry place, away from moisture and incompatible substances. Use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles, when handling the chemical.
- Health Hazards: Adipic acid is generally considered safe for normal handling and usage. However, direct contact with the eyes or skin may cause irritation. In case of contact, rinse affected areas with water. If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
- Environmental Impact: Adipic acid is biodegradable and does not pose significant environmental risks. Dispose of adipic acid in accordance with local regulations and guidelines.
Choose SoleChem Chemicals as your trusted supplier of high-quality adipic acid in Europe. We offer a consistent and reliable supply to meet the diverse needs of various industries. Contact us today for all your adipic acid supply requirements.