Ammonium Sulfate (CAS Number: 7783-20-2) Supplier in Europe
Physical Details and Properties
Ammonium sulfate is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula (NH₄)₂SO₄ and a molecular weight of 132.14 g/mol. It appears as a white crystalline solid or powder. Ammonium sulfate is highly soluble in water and has a bitter taste. It is odorless and non-toxic.
At SoleChem Chemicals, we ensure a reliable supply of high-quality ammonium sulfate. It is primarily produced by reacting ammonia gas with sulfuric acid. The reaction results in the formation of ammonium sulfate, which can be further processed and purified.
Ammonium sulfate finds diverse applications in various industries across Europe. Let’s explore some of its key uses:
- Agriculture and Fertilizers: Ammonium sulfate is commonly used as a nitrogen source in fertilizers. It provides essential nutrients to plants and promotes healthy growth. Ammonium sulfate is particularly suitable for alkaline soils and crops requiring high sulfur content.
- Food Industry: Ammonium sulfate is used as a food additive and dough conditioner in the baking industry. It enhances the texture, structure, and shelf life of baked goods. Ammonium sulfate is also employed as a nitrogen source in yeast fermentation processes.
- Chemical and Industrial Applications: Ammonium sulfate is utilized in various chemical and industrial processes. It serves as a raw material for the production of various chemicals, including dyes, pigments, flame retardants, and pharmaceutical compounds. Ammonium sulfate is also used in the purification of proteins and as a stabilizer for latex products.
When handling ammonium sulfate, it is important to follow proper safety precautions:
- Handling and Storage: Store ammonium sulfate in a cool, dry place, away from moisture and incompatible substances. When handling the chemical, use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles.
- Health Hazards: Ammonium sulfate is generally considered safe for normal handling and usage. However, prolonged exposure to dust or inhalation of fine particles may cause respiratory irritation. In case of contact or irritation, seek medical attention.
- Environmental Impact: Ammonium sulfate may impact soil and water quality. Dispose of ammonium sulfate in accordance with local regulations and guidelines.
Choose SoleChem Chemicals as your trusted supplier of high-quality ammonium sulfate in Europe. We offer a consistent and reliable supply to meet the diverse needs of various industries. Contact us today for all your ammonium sulfate supply requirements.