Butylated Hydroxytoluene (CAS Number: 128-37-0) Supplier in Europe
Physical Details and Properties
Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT) is an organic compound with the chemical formula C₁₅H₂₄O and a molecular weight of 220.36 g/mol. It appears as a white crystalline powder or flakes. BHT is insoluble in water but soluble in organic solvents such as ethanol and ether. It is known for its antioxidant properties and is widely used in various industries.
At SoleChem Chemicals, we ensure a reliable supply of high-quality Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT). It is primarily produced by the reaction of p-cresol with isobutylene in the presence of sulfuric acid or phosphoric acid. The reaction results in the formation of BHT, which can be further processed and purified.
Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT) finds diverse applications in various industries across Europe. Let’s explore some of its key uses:
- Food and Beverage Industry: BHT is commonly used as an antioxidant in the food and beverage industry. It helps to prevent oxidation and rancidity in fats, oils, and food products containing fats. BHT is found in various processed foods, snacks, and edible oils.
- Cosmetics and Personal Care Products: BHT is utilized in the formulation of cosmetics, skincare products, and personal care items. It acts as an antioxidant, preserving the stability and prolonging the shelf life of these products. BHT is commonly found in lip balms, moisturizers, and hair care products.
- Pharmaceuticals: BHT is used in the pharmaceutical industry as an antioxidant and stabilizer in various medications and supplements. It helps to prevent degradation and maintain the potency of active ingredients. BHT is commonly used in vitamins, supplements, and topical creams.
- Industrial Applications: BHT finds applications in various industrial processes, including lubricants, polymers, and rubber products. It helps to prevent the degradation of these materials due to oxidation and extends their lifespan.
When handling Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT), it is important to follow proper safety precautions:
- Handling and Storage: Store BHT in a cool, dry place, away from heat sources and incompatible substances. Use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles, when handling the chemical.
- Health Hazards: BHT is generally considered safe for normal handling and usage. However, direct contact with the skin or eyes may cause mild irritation. In case of contact, rinse affected areas with water. If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
- Environmental Impact: BHT does not pose significant environmental risks. Dispose of BHT in accordance with local regulations and guidelines.
Choose SoleChem Chemicals as your trusted supplier of high-quality Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT) in Europe. We offer a consistent and reliable supply to meet the diverse needs of various industries. Contact us today for all your BHT supply requirements.