Microcrystalline Cellulose (CAS Number: 9004-34-6) Supplier in Europe
Physical Details and Properties
Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC) is a purified, partially depolymerized cellulose material. It consists of fine white particles or powder. MCC is odorless, tasteless, and insoluble in water. It has a high degree of crystallinity and a uniform particle size distribution. MCC exhibits excellent compressibility and flow properties.
At SoleChem Chemicals, we ensure a reliable supply of high-quality Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC). It is produced by the controlled partial hydrolysis of cellulose, followed by purification and drying processes. The resulting MCC has enhanced physical and chemical properties, making it suitable for various applications.
Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC) finds diverse applications in various industries across Europe. Let’s explore some of its key uses:
- Pharmaceutical Industry: MCC is widely used in the pharmaceutical industry as an excipient in solid dosage forms. It acts as a binder, disintegrant, and flow enhancer in tablet formulations. MCC provides excellent compressibility and improves the mechanical properties of tablets.
- Food and Beverage Industry: MCC is utilized in the food and beverage industry as an additive and texturizer. It is used in the production of low-calorie foods, dietary supplements, and fiber-rich products. MCC provides bulking properties and contributes to the texture and mouthfeel of food products.
- Cosmetics and Personal Care Products: MCC is found in cosmetics and personal care products as a stabilizer and thickener. It helps to improve the consistency and stability of creams, lotions, and ointments. MCC enhances the spreadability and absorption of topical formulations.
- Chemical and Industrial Applications: MCC is used in various chemical and industrial applications. It serves as a binder, filler, and rheology modifier in the production of paints, coatings, adhesives, and ceramics. MCC improves the viscosity, flow properties, and overall performance of these products.
When handling Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC), it is important to follow proper safety precautions:
- Handling and Storage: Store MCC in a cool, dry place, away from moisture and incompatible substances. Use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles, when handling the chemical.
- Health Hazards: MCC is generally considered safe for normal handling and usage. However, inhalation of fine particles may cause respiratory irritation in sensitive individuals. In case of contact or irritation, seek medical attention.
- Environmental Impact: MCC is biodegradable and does not pose significant environmental risks. Dispose of MCC in accordance with local regulations and guidelines.
Choose SoleChem Chemicals as your trusted supplier of high-quality Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC) in Europe. We offer a consistent and reliable supply to meet the diverse needs of various industries. Contact us today for all your MCC supply requirements.