Potassium Chloride (CAS Number: 7447-40-7) Supplier in Europe
Physical Details and Properties
Potassium chloride is a crystalline solid with a white color. It has a chemical formula of KCl and a molecular weight of 74.55 g/mol. Potassium chloride is highly soluble in water and has a saline taste. It is a source of potassium, an essential nutrient for plant growth and various physiological functions in animals and humans.
At SoleChem Chemicals, we ensure a reliable supply of high-quality potassium chloride. The primary production method involves the extraction of potassium chloride from underground deposits or the evaporation of brines. The material extracted is then further processed to get the desired purity and particle size.
Potassium chloride has diverse applications in various industries across Europe. Let’s explore some of its key uses:
- Fertilizers: Potassium chloride is a common source of potassium in fertilizers. It is crucial in promoting healthy plant growth and enhancing crop yields. Potassium is essential for many plant functions, including photosynthesis, nutrient absorption, and water regulation.
- Chemical Industry: Potassium chloride is a raw material for producing various potassium compounds. It is utilized to manufacture potassium hydroxide, potassium carbonate, and potassium sulfate, among others. These compounds find applications in making soaps, glass, fertilizers, and other chemical processes.
- Food and Beverage Industry: Potassium chloride is a food additive, providing a salt-like taste while reducing sodium content in low-sodium or salt-substitute products. It is used to produce processed foods, snacks, and beverages.
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Applications: Potassium chloride is utilized in the medical field to treat potassium deficiencies or as a supplement for electrolyte replenishment. It is commonly used in intravenous solutions and oral rehydration products.
When handling potassium chloride, it is important to follow proper safety precautions:
- Handling and Storage: Store potassium chloride in a cool, dry place, away from moisture and incompatible substances. When handling the chemical, use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles.
- Health Hazards: Potassium chloride is generally safe when used by proper handling procedures. However, excessive intake or exposure may cause health risks. Follow recommended dosage guidelines and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Environmental Impact: When released in large quantities, Potassium chloride can impact soil and water quality. Dispose of potassium chloride per local regulations and guidelines.
Choose SoleChem Chemicals as your trusted supplier of high-quality potassium chloride in Europe. We offer a consistent and reliable supply to meet the diverse needs of various industries. Contact us today for all your potassium chloride supply requirements.