Acrylic Acid (CAS Number: 79-10-7) Supplier in Europe
Physical Details and Properties
Acrylic acid is a clear, colorless liquid with a strong, pungent odor. It has a chemical formula of C₃H₄O₂ and a molecular weight of 72.06 g/mol. Acrylic acid is highly soluble in water and flammable. It polymerizes readily in the presence of heat, light, or initiators. These properties make it a versatile compound with numerous industrial applications.
At SoleChem Chemicals, we ensure a reliable supply of high-quality acrylic acid. The primary production method involves the catalytic oxidation of propylene, which results in the formation of acrylic acid. This process typically utilizes catalysts such as sulfur or phosphorous compounds.
Acrylic acid is widely used in various European industries due to its versatile properties. Let’s explore some of its key applications:
- Polymers and Resins: Acrylic acid is a crucial building block for the production of polymers and resins, such as polyacrylic acid (PAA), polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), and superabsorbent polymers (SAPs). These materials find applications in adhesives, paints, coatings, textiles, and personal care products.
- Coatings and Adhesives: Acrylic acid and its derivatives formulate coatings and adhesives. Acrylic-based layers provide excellent weather resistance, durability, and adhesion properties. They are widely used in automotive coatings, architectural coatings, and industrial adhesives.
- Water Treatment: Acrylic acid polymers are effective water treatment agents, particularly polyacrylic acid (PAA). They are used as dispersants, scale inhibitors, and chelating agents in water treatment processes such as cooling, boiler, and wastewater treatment.
- Personal Care Products: Acrylic acid derivatives, such as acrylic esters, formulate unique care products. They enhance the stability and performance of products such as lotions, creams, hair styling gels, and nail polishes.
When handling acrylic acid, it is important to follow proper safety precautions:
- Handling and Storage: Store acrylic acid in a cool, well-ventilated area, away from heat sources and incompatible substances. When handling the chemical, use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles.
- Health Hazards: Acrylic acid is corrosive and can cause severe irritation to the skin, eyes, and respiratory system. Avoid direct contact and inhalation of vapors. In case of contact, rinse affected areas with water and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Fire and Explosion Hazards: Acrylic acid is flammable and should be cautiously handled. Keep it away from heat, sparks, and open flames. Use appropriate fire-resistant containers for storage.
Choose SoleChem Chemicals as your reliable supplier of high-quality acrylic acid in Europe. We provide a consistent and reliable supply to meet the needs of various industries. Contact us today for all your acrylic acid supply requirements.