Aluminum Sulfate (CAS Number: 10043-01-3) Supplier in Europe
Physical Details and Properties
Aluminum sulfate is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula Al₂(SO₄)₃ and a molecular weight of 342.15 g/mol. It appears as a white crystalline solid or powder. Aluminum sulfate is highly soluble in water, creating an acidic solution. It has various forms, including solid hydrates and anhydrous forms.
At SoleChem Chemicals, we ensure a reliable supply of high-quality aluminum sulfate. It is primarily produced by the reaction of aluminum hydroxide with sulfuric acid. The reaction results in the formation of aluminum sulfate, which can be further processed and purified.
Aluminum sulfate finds diverse applications in various industries across Europe. Let’s explore some of its key uses:
- Water Treatment: Aluminum sulfate is commonly used in water treatment processes as a coagulant and flocculant. It helps remove impurities, suspended particles, and organic matter from water sources. Aluminum sulfate aids in clarifying and purifying water for various applications.
- Paper Industry: Aluminum sulfate is utilized in the paper industry as a sizing agent and binder. It helps to improve paper strength, enhance ink absorption, and control paper pH levels. Aluminum sulfate is used in the production of high-quality paper and paperboard products.
- Textile Industry: Aluminum sulfate is used in the textile industry for various purposes. It acts as a mordant, helping to fix dyes to fabrics and enhance colorfastness. Aluminum sulfate is also employed in the dyeing and printing of textiles.
- Waste Water Treatment: Aluminum sulfate is employed in wastewater treatment processes to remove phosphorus from effluents. It forms insoluble compounds with phosphorus, aiding in its removal and reducing the environmental impact of wastewater.
When handling aluminum sulfate, it is important to follow proper safety precautions:
- Handling and Storage: Store aluminum sulfate in a cool, dry place, away from moisture and incompatible substances. When handling the chemical, use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles.
- Health Hazards: Aluminum sulfate is generally considered safe for normal handling and usage. However, direct contact with the eyes or prolonged exposure to concentrated solutions may cause irritation. In case of contact, rinse affected areas with water. If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
- Environmental Impact: Aluminum sulfate may have an impact on water quality and aquatic life. Dispose of aluminum sulfate in accordance with local regulations and guidelines.
Choose SoleChem Chemicals as your trusted supplier of high-quality aluminum sulfate in Europe. We offer a consistent and reliable supply to meet the diverse needs of various industries. Contact us today for all your aluminum sulfate supply requirements.