Monoethanolamine (CAS Number: 141-43-5) Supplier in Europe
Physical Details and Properties
Monoethanolamine (MEA) is a clear, colorless liquid with a chemical formula of C₂H₅NO and a molecular weight of 61.08 g/mol. It has a faint ammoniacal odor and is miscible with water. Monoethanolamine is hygroscopic, meaning it readily absorbs moisture from the air. It is commercially available in various grades and concentrations.
At SoleChem Chemicals, we ensure a reliable supply of high-quality monoethanolamine (MEA). The primary production method involves the reaction of ethylene oxide with ammonia. This reaction produces monoethanolamine as the main product, which can then be further processed and purified to obtain the desired concentration.
Monoethanolamine finds diverse applications in various industries across Europe. Let’s explore some of its key uses:
- Chemical Manufacturing: Monoethanolamine is a versatile compound used as a chemical intermediate in the production of various chemicals. It is employed in the manufacturing of surfactants, solvents, corrosion inhibitors, lubricants, and pharmaceuticals.
- Gas Treatment: Monoethanolamine is utilized in gas treatment processes, particularly in the removal of carbon dioxide (CO₂) and hydrogen sulfide (H₂S) from natural gas and refinery gases. It acts as an absorbent and helps in purifying the gas streams.
- Personal Care Products: Monoethanolamine is present in various personal care products, including shampoos, soaps, and hair dyes. It functions as an emulsifier, pH adjuster, and foam booster. Monoethanolamine helps in stabilizing formulations and enhancing the performance of these products.
- Textile Industry: Monoethanolamine is used in the textile industry for various processes, including dyeing, finishing, and fabric softening. It acts as a leveling agent, aiding in the even distribution of dyes on textiles. Monoethanolamine also provides fabric softening properties.
When handling monoethanolamine, it is important to follow proper safety precautions:
- Handling and Storage: Store monoethanolamine in a cool, well-ventilated area, away from heat sources and incompatible substances. Use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles, when handling the chemical.
- Health Hazards: Monoethanolamine is a corrosive substance and can cause severe skin and eye irritation. Inhalation of vapors or mists can also irritate the respiratory system. Avoid direct contact and inhalation. In case of contact, rinse affected areas with water and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Environmental Impact: Take precautionary measures to prevent the release of monoethanolamine into the environment. Dispose of monoethanolamine in accordance with local regulations and guidelines.
Choose SoleChem Chemicals as your trusted supplier of high-quality monoethanolamine (MEA) in Europe. We offer a consistent and reliable supply to meet the diverse needs of various industries. Contact us today for all your monoethanolamine supply requirements.