Oxalic Acid (CAS Number: 144-62-7) Supplier in Europe
Physical Details and Properties
Oxalic acid is a crystalline solid with the chemical formula (COOH)₂. It is a colorless compound that is highly soluble in water. With a molar mass of 90.03 g/mol, oxalic acid has a melting point of 189.5°C. It is known for its acidic properties and is widely used in various European industries.
At SoleChem Chemicals, we ensure a reliable supply of high-quality oxalic acid. The primary production method involves the oxidation of carbohydrates, such as sugar or cellulose, using nitric acid or air. This process forms oxalic acid crystals, which are then purified and made available for commercial use.
Oxalic acid has diverse applications in numerous industries throughout Europe. Some key uses include:
- Cleaning and Household Products: Oxalic acid is a common ingredient in cleaning agents and household products. It effectively removes rust, stains, and mineral deposits from various surfaces, making it ideal for use in rust removers, tile cleaners, and wood bleaching agents.
- Metal Cleaning and Surface Preparation: Oxalic acid is utilized for metal cleaning, surface preparation, and polishing applications. It effectively removes tarnish from brass, bronze, and other metals. In addition, it is used in the automotive industry for rust removal and paint stripping.
- Textile and Leather Industry: Oxalic acid is a bleaching agent in the textile and leather industry. It helps remove stains and brighten fabrics and is also used for leather tanning and dyeing.
- Woodworking and Furniture Industry: Oxalic acid is used in woodworking for wood bleaching and stain removal. It helps restore the natural color of wood and is commonly used in the furniture industry to treat dark stains and watermarks.
When handling oxalic acid, it is important to follow proper safety precautions:
- Handling and Storage: Store oxalic acid in a cool, dry place, away from heat sources and incompatible substances. When handling the chemical, use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles.
- Health Hazards: Oxalic acid is corrosive and can cause severe irritation and burns to the skin, eyes, and respiratory system. Avoid direct contact and inhalation of dust or fumes. In case of contact, rinse affected areas with water and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Environmental Impact: Oxalic acid is toxic to aquatic life and should not be released into waterways. Dispose of oxalic acid following local regulations and guidelines.
Choose SoleChem Chemicals as your trusted supplier of high-quality oxalic acid in Europe. We offer a reliable and consistent supply to meet the diverse needs of various industries. Contact us today for all your oxalic acid supply requirements.