Phosphoric Acid (CAS Number: 7664-38-2) Supplier in Europe
Physical Details and Properties
Phosphoric acid is a clear, colorless liquid with a highly acidic taste. It has a chemical formula of H₃PO₄ and a molecular weight of 97.99 g/mol. Phosphoric acid is highly soluble in water and hygroscopic, readily absorbing moisture from the surrounding environment. It is commonly available in different concentrations, including 75% density and 85% density.
At SoleChem Chemicals, we ensure a reliable supply of high-quality phosphoric acid. The primary production method involves the treatment of phosphate rocks with sulfuric acid. This reaction produces phosphoric acid as the main product, which is then further purified and concentrated to the desired density.
Phosphoric acid finds extensive use in various industries across Europe due to its multiple properties. Let’s explore some of its key applications:
- Fertilizer Production: Phosphoric acid is a primary component in producing phosphate fertilizers. It converts phosphate rocks into water-soluble forms that plants can readily absorb. Phosphoric acid is crucial for promoting healthy plant growth and enhancing crop yields.
- Food and Beverage Industry: Phosphoric acid is utilized as an acidulant and pH regulator in the food and beverage industry. It is commonly found in carbonated drinks, such as cola beverages, providing a tangy taste and acting as a preservative.
- Water Treatment: Phosphoric acid is employed in water treatment processes to adjust the pH levels and reduce the alkalinity of water. It helps prevent the formation of scale and corrosion in pipes and equipment.
- Chemical Manufacturing: Phosphoric acid is a starting material for producing various phosphorus-containing compounds. It is used to manufacture detergents, fire retardants, metal cleaning agents, and pharmaceutical intermediates.
When handling phosphoric acid, it is important to follow proper safety precautions:
- Handling and Storage: Store phosphoric acid in a cool, dry place, away from heat sources and incompatible substances. When handling the chemical, use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles.
- Health Hazards: Phosphoric acid is corrosive and can cause severe skin and eye irritation. Avoid direct contact and inhalation of vapors. In case of contact, rinse affected areas with water and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Environmental Impact: Phosphoric acid harms aquatic life and should not be released into waterways. Dispose of phosphoric acid following local regulations and guidelines.
Choose SoleChem Chemicals as your trusted supplier of high-quality phosphoric acid in Europe. We offer a consistent and reliable supply to meet the needs of various industries. Contact us today for all your phosphoric acid supply requirements.