Sodium Sulfate (CAS Number: 7757-82-6) Supplier in Europe
Physical Details and Properties
Sodium sulfate is a white, crystalline solid with a chemical formula of Na₂SO₄ and a molecular weight of 142.04 g/mol. It is highly soluble in water and forms hydrates. Sodium sulfate is commercially available in various forms, including anhydrous and decahydrate. It has numerous industrial applications due to its versatility.
At SoleChem Chemicals, we ensure a reliable supply of high-quality sodium sulfate. The primary production methods involve the reaction of sodium chloride (NaCl) with sulfuric acid (H₂SO₄) or the evaporation of natural brine deposits containing sodium sulfate. These processes produce sodium sulfate, which can be further processed to obtain the desired form.
Sodium sulfate finds diverse applications in various industries across Europe. Let’s explore some of its key uses:
- Detergent and Cleaning Products: Sodium sulfate is commonly used to manufacture detergents and cleaning products. It helps in improving the cleaning efficiency and performance of these products. Sodium sulfate is an essential component in powdered laundry detergents and dishwashing soaps.
- Glass Industry: Sodium sulfate is utilized in the glass industry as a refining agent. It helps in the removal of impurities and prevents the formation of bubbles during the glass melting process. Sodium sulfate contributes to the production of high-quality glass products.
- Textile Industry: Sodium sulfate plays a crucial role in the dyeing and printing processes in the textile industry. It acts as a leveling agent, improving the uniformity and adherence of dyes on fabrics. Sodium sulfate is also used as a filler in the production of synthetic fibers.
- Paper Industry: Sodium sulfate is employed in the paper industry as a sizing agent and filler. It helps improve the strength, brightness, and smoothness of paper products. Sodium sulfate contributes to the production of high-quality papers and paperboards.
When handling sodium sulfate, it is important to follow proper safety precautions:
- Handling and Storage: Store sodium sulfate in a cool, dry place, away from moisture and incompatible substances. When handling the chemical, use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and goggles.
- Health Hazards: Sodium sulfate is relatively non-toxic and poses minimal health risks. However, prolonged or excessive exposure may cause skin and eye irritation. Avoid direct contact and inhalation of dust. In case of contact, rinse affected areas with water and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Environmental Impact: Sodium sulfate is environmentally safe and has minimal environmental impact. Dispose of sodium sulfate per local regulations and guidelines.
Choose SoleChem Chemicals as your trusted supplier of high-quality sodium sulfate in Europe. We offer a consistent and reliable supply to meet the diverse needs of various industries. Contact us today for all your sodium sulfate supply requirements.